Kirsten talked about not being able to find a button large enough for one of her vintage patterns, and I figured that I could turn one. This was Saturday afternoon that she said that, and I dreamed all Saturday night about turning buttons. I woke up Sunday morning, thinking I had actually done so, all night long.
Today, I finally decided to turn the buttons, and found some scrap wood that we had used for gluing up laminated drop spindles. I cut it into smaller pieces, and … voila. Prototype buttons. I think I need to figure out a way to make the holes more evenly spaced, but other than that, I think they turned out well, and they’re addictive. Like potato chips.