With my Brother 940 and my cable from adafruit that I built, and the img2track software, I’ve been playing with pattern with my knitting machine.
This is the Sherlock wallpaper from The Wallpaper Had it Coming Again :
This is some random russian punchcard I found on Pinterest:
and its ‘pattern’ if you want to recreate it on your machine :
The steps I’m taking to get this are : fiddle with things in photoshop, get the bitmap saved the way I want it as a 2-color bitmap, go to the machine.
- Plug the cable into my macbook.
- Power on the knitting machine.
- STEP -> 551 -> STEP -> 1 to load the first track.
img2track does the heavy lifting to get the bitmap to the machine.
- Set up the carriage for fair isle, loading the second color into slot B, and pushing the top MC button. Change the dial to KRC-II.
- Wait for the beep. If I’m doing isolated motifs instead of just repeating it across, remember to push CE before choosing how many repeats. (default is 1 with the isolated motif button selected). hit STEP.
- Choose where the motif starts (generally its calculations are fine, since everything I’m doing right now is centered). hit STEP.
- Knit! The first pass selects needles for row 1, the next knits row 1, and selects for row 2.